Are you looking for the best CFD trading platform in Australia? I've been trading CFD's for a number of years on a number of different platforms. While there are lots of options out there, here is my top pick for the best CFD platform.
eToro – The best CFD Trading platform
eToro is currently my top CFD trading platform. I've been trading on eToro for over 5 years.
Here is why I believe that eToro is currently the best CFD trading platform in Australia:
- Isolated Margin – CFD trading can be risky because it's possible to lose more than your investment. On eToro margin is isolated which means you can't lose more than the amount you invest in a position.
- Variable Leverage – On eToro you can choose the amount of leverage you want to use for each position.
- Option to Trade without Leverage – You can trade real stocks without leverage on eToro. This gives you the flexibility to trade actual stocks and CFDs.
- Huge Range of Assets – On eToro you can trade stocks, forex, etfs, commodities, indices and crypto. They offer stocks from all over the world.
- CopyTrading – Automatically copy the trades made by more experienced traders. It's a great way to learn more about trading.
- Low Fees – eToro doesn't charge commissions on CFD positions. They just charge a spread. And depending on how much leverage you use, there are overnight and weekly interest fees. eToro is one of the cheapest CFD brokers out there.
- Get Started with $50 – you don't need a huge amount of capital to start trading on eToro.
- Social Features – On eToro you can follow other traders, share strategies and discuss markets. eToro is a social trading platform with over 14 million members.
Copy Trading CFDs
Copy Trading lets you tap into the knowledge and expertise of more experienced traders. On eToro you can copy profitable traders. When they make a trade, your account will make a similar trade. I think it's a great way to learn about trading, as you're able to follow and copy some of the best traders in the world.
Why Trade CFDs
- Go Long or Short – With CFDs you can open short positions. So if you feel like an asset is overvalued, you can profit on the price going down.
- Trade Markets Worldwide – CFDs let you speculate on markets all over the world.
Other CFD Trading Platforms in Australia
Plus500 is a popular CFD trading platform in Australia however I believe their trading interface isn't as good as eToro's. You also don't have the option to choose leverage and you can't trade without leverage. Which is why most traders who trade on Plus500 lose money.
One advantage of using Plus500 is they do offer CFD's on ASX stocks. Hopefully eToro will add this soon.
IG is a popular platform for trading both CFDs and Stocks. One thing to be wary of with IG is the account inactivity fee. IG has a minimum deposit amount of $450, so you will need more money to get started.